Kodiak deer hunting transports aboard Big Dan’s new custom-built boat from Brix Marine the F/V Double Down. This brand new 50-foot Catamaran easily holds up to six hunters at a time and offers a safe, warm, and dry environment to return to after a day of Do-It- yourself deer hunting on Kodiak island. We are now accepting reservations for our live aboard transportation for the 2024 hunting season in Kodiak!
Deer Hunting Trips Available September 15 – December 15
- DIY Deer, Small Game, Sea Ducks & Fishing. (We provide the fishing gear).
- Up to six hunters paying $25,500 for the entire vessel. ($4,250 each for 6).
- Trip duration is 7 days total which includes five days of hunting and two days of travel.
- Transportation, meals, and vessel-based lodging included.
- Brand new 50-foot catamaran.
Book your 2024 Kodiak Deer Hunting Trip!
Vessel based DIY hunting allows the capable self-guided hunter to concentrate on a successful Kodiak deer hunting trip, knowing that we take care of the transportation, meals, and lodging for them. The current ADFG regulations allow for the harvest of up to three deer per person in unit 8 Kodiak-Shelikof. There are also abundant silver, red and cross fox on the island, along with some of the best sea duck hunting available. We usually top it off with some halibut fishing when the opportunity presents itself!
Kodiak Deer Hunting Schedule Details:
- Your hunting party will need to arrive in the city of Kodiak and get a room the night prior to the scheduled departure date.
- Your hunting party will then need to arrive at the Kodiak harbor docks ready to go at 8:00 am the next morning.
- We will spend the first day traveling to the agreed upon hunting location on the island.
- The next five days will be spent hunting the island.
- On the seventh day we will travel back to the boat docks in the city of Kodiak.
- Your hunting party will then need to get a room in the city of Kodiak for the night.
- On the eighth day you will fly back to Anchorage.
- Weather delays can affect any and all parts of this set schedule!
Important Advisory Information:
- Self-Guided hunts are for experienced hunters who are capable of guiding themselves in all aspects of hunting on Kodiak Island.
- Big Dan’s Fishing & Charters are NOT allowed to legally assist you in any aspect of your hunt.
- Big Dan’s Fishing & Charters employees are NOT licensed hunting guides. We only operate as TRANSPORTERS under ADF&G.
- We are NOT allowed to provide hunters with map locations, GPS coordinates or any other information on where to hunt.
- Big Dan’s Employees CANNOT provide any assistance with field care of any game.
- Big Dan’s CANNOT provide any care of the game while on or off the vessel.
- All hunting and processing equipment must be provided by the hunter.
- It is imperative that the hunting party conduct their own research on the most productive hunting locations and have knowledge of where on the island they would like to hunt.
- Please see the Alaska Department of Fish & Game Transporter Regulations & Guidelines.